100% Merino Wool
Katmai Men's Bottom
The Katmai is our Expedition weight bottoms, made with 100% fine Merino Wool. You will barely notice these long johns as they are snug fitting and soft next to the skin. While in the wilderness, the odor-free properties of Minus33 Merino Wool will be appreciated by hunters and backpackers alike. When you need to be warm the Katmai is the garment for you.
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Knit: 400 g/m2 Expedition Interlock Knit
- Microns: 18.5 Micron Fibers
- UPF Rating: 50+
- Total Easy Care: Machine Wash and Dry
- Wool Source: Australia
Mid Rise: Waistband sits a little below the belly button
Covered Waistband: Merino next to your skin
Gusset: Reduces stress in the crotch area
Ribbed Ankle Cuffs: Keep in place and allow for easy layering
- Flat Lock Seams: Prevents Chafing
- Layer Type: Base Layer
- Fit Type: Regular - Standard fit with a little bit of room to breathe, but not too baggy
- Model Features: The model in black is 5'10 / 150 lbs wearing a medium.
- Runs True to Size
- Weight: Size Large = 14.4 oz. (408 grams)
- Style #: 709
- Ideal Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Activities: Everyday Wear, Hiking, Camping, Biking, Running, Fishing, Hunting, Snowsports
- Temperature Recommendations: 0°F and below while active, 0°F to 30°F while inactive - Learn More
Washing and Drying Instructions - Learn More
- Turn Inside Out
- Machine Wash Cold: Gentle cycle with like colors
- Detergent: Mild or wool-specific
- Tumble Dry: Low heat
- Storage: Place in an airtight container when not in use for long periods of time
- Do NOT Use: Fabric softener or bleach!
Mt. Katmai is located in the Katmai National Park which is located in southwestern Alaska and is home to the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes. This huge northern wilderness area is untamed and full of wildlife.