100% Merino Wool
Tanana Women's Crew
Please note, measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, unless otherwise noted. Measurements are in inches.
Women's Clothing Size Chart
|Size||USA Size||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Hip (in)||Shirt Length (in)||Inseam (in)|
|S||4 to 6||34-35||26-27||36-37||24.5-25.5||28-30|
|M||8 to 10||36-38||28-30||38-40||25.5-26.5||29-31|
|L||12 to 14||39-41||31-33||40-42||26.5-27.5||30-32|
|XL||16 to 18||42-43||33-35||43-44||27.5-28.5||30-32|
|XXL||20 to 22||44-45||35-37||44-45||28.5-29.5||30-32|
|XXXL||24 to 26||46-47||37-39||46-47||29.5-30.5||30-32|
How to Measure
Chest: Measure the circumference around the fullest part of your chest, underneath the arms.
Waist: Measure the circumference around the natural waist, near the belly button.
Hip: Measure the circumference around the fullest part of your hips.
Shirt Length: This measurement refers to the approximate size of the shirt back length, from the neck to the bottom hem.
Inseam: Measure from the center of the crotch to the end of the ankle.
Fits best as: Base Layer
Skin tight, slim, compression style fit. Wear this layer first and add on top of it if needed.
Fits best as: Base Layer, Mid Layer
True to size, standard fit with a little bit of room to breathe, but not too baggy. Perfect on its own or with a t-shirt or thin shirt underneath.
Fits best as: Mid Layer, Insulating Layer, Outer Layer
A little more room than you would find in a Regular fit. Enough space to fit 1-2 layers underneath.
What if I am between sizes?
If you are between sizes, we recommend sizing up or down based on what fit type you would prefer, and based on how you plan to wear the piece. Our knitted merino is stretchy and you could realistically go with either size. If you would prefer an Athletic fit, size down. If you prefer a Regular or Relaxed fit, size up.
Do I need to size up/down to layer?
Generally, no, you do not need to purchase a different size than normal. Our base layers are designed to fit right into your current layering system. They are also designed to work with other products in our line, too. You may wish to adjust your sizing if you plan to wear one of our garments in a way that it is not intended, if that's the case please feel free to contact our customer service team for help.
Does your clothing run true to size?
Yes, our clothing runs true to size and is sized similar to most other American brands. If a sizing discrepancy is discovered, you will see fit advice in that product's specific listing.
Not sure what size or fit type you need?
Learn more about layering systems and how they can help you choose. Still need help? Contact our customer service team for personalized advice.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Ultimate warmth and luxury await you with the Tanana Women's Expedition Crew. Use this top when arctic temps rear their ugly head and try to keep you indoors. Use it on your next winter excursion, whether it's snowshoeing, cold-weather hunting, or shoveling the driveway.
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool
- Knit: 400 g/m2 Expedition Interlock Knit
- Microns: 18.5 Micron Fibers
- UPF Rating: 50+
- Total Easy Care: Machine Wash and Dry
- Wool Source: Australia
- Neckline: Crew Neck
- Princess Seams: Flattering, Shaped Silhouette
- Tagless Label: No Itchy Neck Tags
- Flat Lock Seams: Prevents Chafing
- Layer Type: Base Layer, Mid Layer
- Fit Type: Regular - Standard fit with a little bit of room to breathe, but not too baggy
- Runs True to Size
- Weight: Size Medium = 12.8 oz. (362 grams)
- Style #: 807
- Ideal Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Activities: Everyday Wear, Hiking, Camping, Biking, Running, Fishing, Hunting, Snowsports
- Temperature Recommendations: 0°F and below while active, 0°F to 30°F while inactive - Learn More
Washing and Drying Instructions - Learn More
- Turn Inside Out
- Machine Wash Cold: Gentle cycle with like colors
- Detergent: Mild or wool-specific
- Tumble Dry: Low heat
- Storage: Place in an airtight container when not in use for long periods of time
- Do NOT Use: Fabric softener or bleach!
The Tanana River is in east-central Alaska and an important tributary of the Yukon River. It runs by the northern city of Fairbanks before joining the Yukon River, where it is still an important waterway for commerce.
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Return Policy
- 1 Year Warranty
- Extended 2 Year Warranty with Registration - Learn More
- Excellent Quality Customer Service